Parent Update January 23 – January 26
Connect Charter Family Weekly Update
January 23 - January 26
This Week's Highlights
Opportunity for Calgary High School students to receive missed routine immunizations
Alberta Health Services (AHS) Public Health is offering Calgary area High School students who missed their routine Grade 9 immunizations an opportunity to receive these vaccines at an AHS immunization clinic.
Routine school immunizations for Grade 9 include diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis (dTap) and the Meningococcal (MenC-ACYW) vaccines.
Students may have been away from school or had their scheduled immunization date changed or cancelled while they were in Grade 9. If a vaccine was missed, it is not too late to receive these immunizations which are free to all eligible students.
To determine if your child is eligible, please visit AHS Immunization | Immunization (immunizealberta.ca).
Call 811 to book an appointment at any available AHS immunization clinic.
If you are unsure of your child’s vaccination status, please call 811 or your local AHS public health clinic. You can look up the closest Public Health or Community Health facility online, by clicking here.
From Your School Nurse
AHS Public Health Nurses have assessed the vaccination status of all students in grades 1-9.
· If your student has brought home a package containing vaccination consent forms, this indicates there are routine vaccines your child is eligible for. Please read the enclosed information and return the consents forms indicating how you wish us to proceed.
· If we do not have adequate vaccination information for your student, there is an immunization record information request form we would ask you to complete.
· If your student is up to date with routine childhood vaccines, they will not receive a vaccination package and no further follow up is required.
· These immunizations will be given at school at a date still to be determined.
Thank you in advance for taking time to read, complete and return the enclosed forms.
SCHOOL COUNCIL & PARENT SOCIETY UPDATE
MEETING NEXT TUESDAY AT 6:30pm. Join us next week (virtually) for an update from Principal Bennett on important news and activities at the school, followed by the School Council and Parent Society meetings. A link to attend will be sent out on Tuesday afternoon. Note that all parents are de-facto members of these groups and are welcome to attend! We are always looking for volunteers to join committees or help out at events. Please get in touch with us at [email protected].
Nov. 15 School Council Meeting Minutes:
Dec. 5 Parent Society Meeting Minutes:
NEW 50/50 CASH RAFFLE LAUNCHING SOON! Stay tuned for details and be sure to share the links with friends and family. Last year, one lucky parent won over $7,000 through this raffle!
EQUIPMENTS NEEDS: Our Fundraising Committee has met with school administration to field new requests for purchases to help support our facilities and programming. We’d love to find out if anyone in the school or parent community has contacts to companies which might be willing to provide us these important items at a discount, or through a donation. If you have any ideas or connections, please contact [email protected]. We’d be happy to provide more details.
ITEMS OF INTEREST
– DPA, Camping and Sports Equipment: Sport Chek, Canadian Tire, Breathe, MEC, independent bike shops
– Classroom Materials: Staples, Office Max, Scholar’s Choice, Michael’s
– “Soft seating” for the school common areas including the IAC and Learning Commons
Attention all parents… please note that it is not too late to participate in this term’s Fun Lunch program, which helps not only feed your kids without the effort, but also raises a significant amount of funds for our school. Hop on over to https://ccs.hotlunches.net/admin/ to get your orders in. The next available date for ordering is Tuesday Jan 31 (there is a 10-day lead time required on all orders).
Have a wonderful week, Connect!