We are pleased to announce that the Calgary Science School will once again host the annual ConnectEd Conference on May 24-26, 2013.
The conference will begin on Friday May 24, 2013 at the Calgary Science School on a “regular” school day. Attendees are encouraged to visit classrooms, observe lessons, and speak with teachers and students.
Saturday and Sunday will have scheduled discussion topics hosted at the school. As was the case last year, the sessions will be built around discussions and conversations hosted by a facilitator. The event will provide the time and space for all stakeholders to discuss emerging topics, share practice and build relationships that will extend beyond the three days.
Discussion Topics from the 2012 ConnectEd conference included:
- Team Teaching: Learning from each other
- Design-Based Thinking
- Parent Engagement: Growing meaningful connections
- Making IT work
- Innovative schools: An oxymoron?
- Intellectual Engagement and Playful Learning in a Participatory Digital Age
- The Edcamp Movement: Engaging Education Partners
- Invitations for Judgement: It’s Critical
- The Education of iPads
- The Ancients Stole all our Good Ideas
- Harness the Power of Twitter in the Classroom
- Adventures in Leadership through Technology
- Life in an Inquiry, PBL, Tech-embedded Classroom
- The 5 W’s of Disengagement
- Using Digital Communication to Enrich Global CItizenship: The Peru Project
- Learning Communities in Action: The Power of Collaboration to Transform Teaching & Learning
- Augmented Reality
We will contact you via email once we begin to put together the schedule.
More details to come including pre-conference Tweet-up, venue for the Friday Reception, Venue for the Saturday Night social and housing details for out of town attendees.
Registration will once again be handled through the Calgary Regional Consortium. The event will be posted on their website soon. http://www.crcpd.ab.ca
[googleapps domain=”docs” dir=”spreadsheet/embeddedform” query=”formkey=dDdSWUhKc0VuN19Ga05ZUWZpVHU2RGc6MQ” width=”515″ height=”941″ /]