KeeBo and KeeBo+ (Online Learning)
This Resource is:
Who We Are: Connect
Connect Charter School is a public Charter School located in Calgary, Alberta. Our vision is to prepare our students to be extraordinary citizens, and our approach to achieving that goal begins with understanding the value of deep inquiry; instilling in our students the confidence to ask difficult and challenging questions and then think critically about how to reach solutions and solve problems in meaningful ways.
For more information about our school and program, please visit and scroll through our homepage.
KeeBo Online Learning
Connect has recently launched KeeBo, our online learning program, as part of our school re-entry plan that addresses the need to offer parents and students different pathways to learning during the current pandemic. While KeeBo is only available to students currently registered at Connect Charter School, we have the capacity to add a few students at each level from grade 4 to 9 who may wish to participate in KeeBo+, an online learning program being offered initially to students on our wait list. If you are considering the benefits of online learning for your child, you are invited to participate in an information webinar on Monday September 14, 2020 at 6pm. The attached brochure provides more details about KeeBo Plus, including a link to a google form to register for the no obligation webinar.
Registration information will follow to parents who register and attend the Webinar. In preparation of potentially registering, please collect the following documents:
- A copy of your child’s year-end Report Cards for the most recent 2 years
- A copy of any formal assessments that have been completed in the last three years. (i.e. psycho-educational, occupational therapy, speech/language)
- A copy of any Individualized Program Plan (IPP) that has supported the child’s educational program in last 2 years (if applicable)
- An original writing sample completed by your child that starts with “If I could change one thing about the world…”
- The writing sample must be an authentic representation of the child’s ability
- The writing sample is not to exceed three paragraphs of 3-4 sentences each
- The writing sample must be handwritten by the child (not done on a computer) – please ensure your child’s name is clearly printed at the top of the page.
- A copy of the completed Parent Questionnaire (will be emailed to you)
The deadline for all registration forms and documents will be Thursday, September 17, 2020, at 3:30 PM.