Announcements / Notices:
Job Posting: Substitute Teacher
Connect Charter School is a Board-governed, publicly funded charter school of 600 students (grades 4 – 9) in Calgary, offering a unique, inquiry-based learning environment that inspires students to understand more fully the world in which they live. The school has a strong culture of innovation, with technology and experiential, outdoor & environmental education being vital parts of the overall program. We are seeking a highly collaborative teacher who has a passion for teaching and learning and who wishes to develop their practice in a supportive, engaging environment.
We are accepting applications for the substitute teaching list.
Qualified candidates will possess valid Alberta teaching certification and will be required to complete a security clearance and vulnerable sector check.
Please submit cover letter and resume to the principal, Dr. Phil Butterfield, at email@example.com.
Upcoming Provincial Election
As we work through the late winter and will hopefully welcome an early spring, a provincial election is looming. Alberta is the only province or territory in Canada with Public Charter Schools with a total of 13. Although most of you have spent a lot of time in the school or helping with trips, our board wanted to take this opportunity to provide some background information on charter schools, our collective mission and ways you might be able to advocate for our continued success serving Albertans.
Click here for details.
Policies for creating a safe, caring, and welcoming environment at Connect:
- 6.04 Health, Safety and Wellness
- 6.04 Student Health, Safety, and Wellness - Appendix
- 6.08 Student Conduct
Click this link to learn about the Baillie Family Scholarship for pre-service teachers.
Connect Charter School
Preparing our students as extraordinary citizens.
The Connect Charter School, previously named Calgary Science School, is a public Charter school located in Calgary, Alberta Canada that was established in 1999.
The pillars of the Calgary Science School charter highlight the emphasis in the school on:
- Promoting exemplary learning, teaching and leading through a disposition of inquiry. (2) Enhancing learning and teaching through the appropriate and effective use of technology and maintain an intentional, authentic and innovative perspective in the use of technology.
- Engaging students in meaningful, real-life learning activities in a variety of rich learning environments, with a focus on mind, body, emotions, creative spirit and ethical citizenship.
- Providing environmental, outdoor and global education learning opportunities for students to experience and appreciate the world outside of the classroom and to develop social, leadership and stewardship skills.
- Fostering a culture of collaboration and caring relationships of mutual respect with students, staff members and parents sharing a passion for learning; together and from others, in the classroom, within the school and beyond.
- Nurturing thriving classrooms and other learning environments where teachers are informed by research and where students and teachers explore and develop deep understanding as active researchers.