The Grade 8 Teaching Team
email: click on the mail icon above for a particular teacher
phone: please call the main office at 403 282-2890 to reach a teacher between 8:30am and 4:00pm
Parents are encouraged to contact teachers when they have questions or concerns. Contact via email is most preferred, but in the case of more significant or more sensitive issues, please feel free to call the teacher and set up a meeting.
Please consult our Staff Information page for further contacts.
Course Outlines/Curricular Links
You can find a summary of the Alberta curriculum for grade 8 here. The teachers take the curricula and formulate a year plan, outlining when the concepts will be covered and in what order.
- Year Plan for Garett Kutcher (Math/Science - 8.1 and 8.2)
- Year Plan for Jared McKenzie (Humanities - 8.1 and 8.2)
- Year Plan for Louis Cheng (Math/Science - 8.3 and 8.4)
- Year Plan for David Cloutier (Humanities - 8.3 and 8.4)
Note that we operate on a 5 day cycle (the first day of classes in each week is always Day 1).
Weekly Updates and Homework
The grade eight teachers and students will be using PowerSchool Learning to keep track of assignments, assessments, and due dates. They will also provide a weekly email update to all parents where they will share some of the events and activities for the upcoming week.
- Login to PowerSchool Learning (you can request an access code from your child’s teacher, or you can use your child’s account directly)