Connect Charter School
Preparing our students as extraordinary citizens.
The Connect Charter School, previously named Calgary Science School, is a public Charter school located in Calgary, Alberta Canada that was established in 1999.
The pillars of the Calgary Science School charter highlight the emphasis in the school on:
- Promoting exemplary learning, teaching and leading through a disposition of inquiry. (2) Enhancing learning and teaching through the appropriate and effective use of technology and maintain an intentional, authentic and innovative perspective in the use of technology.
- Engaging students in meaningful, real-life learning activities in a variety of rich learning environments, with a focus on mind, body, emotions, creative spirit and ethical citizenship.
- Providing environmental, outdoor and global education learning opportunities for students to experience and appreciate the world outside of the classroom and to develop social, leadership and stewardship skills.
- Fostering a culture of collaboration and caring relationships of mutual respect with students, staff members and parents sharing a passion for learning; together and from others, in the classroom, within the school and beyond.
- Nurturing thriving classrooms and other learning environments where teachers are informed by research and where students and teachers explore and develop deep understanding as active researchers.
Announcements / Notices:
Job Posting: Full-Time Education Assistant
The Connect Charter School Board of Directors invites applications for the position of Full-Time Education Assistant, effective January 7, 2019. This position will be on a temporary contract from January 7 to June 30, 2019, with the possibility of an extension to the 2019-20 school year.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a willingness and capacity to support student learning in diverse circumstances and environments both inside the school and while on field experiences off site.
Candidates must have successfully completed an Education Assistant or equivalent program from a recognized College or University, or hold a Bachelor of Education degree.
Contributing here is a calling, not a job.
Policies for creating a safe, caring, and welcoming environment at Connect:
- 6.04 Health, Safety and Wellness
- 6.04 Student Health, Safety, and Wellness - Appendix
- 6.08 Student Conduct
Click this link to learn about the Baillie Family Scholarship for pre-service teachers.