Connect Charter School
Preparing our students as extraordinary citizens.
The Connect Charter School, previously named Calgary Science School, is a public Charter school located in Calgary, Alberta Canada that was established in 1999.
The pillars of the Calgary Science School charter highlight the emphasis in the school on:
- Promoting exemplary learning, teaching and leading through a disposition of inquiry. (2) Enhancing learning and teaching through the appropriate and effective use of technology and maintain an intentional, authentic and innovative perspective in the use of technology.
- Engaging students in meaningful, real-life learning activities in a variety of rich learning environments, with a focus on mind, body, emotions, creative spirit and ethical citizenship.
- Providing environmental, outdoor and global education learning opportunities for students to experience and appreciate the world outside of the classroom and to develop social, leadership and stewardship skills.
- Fostering a culture of collaboration and caring relationships of mutual respect with students, staff members and parents sharing a passion for learning; together and from others, in the classroom, within the school and beyond.
- Nurturing thriving classrooms and other learning environments where teachers are informed by research and where students and teachers explore and develop deep understanding as active researchers.
Announcements / Notices:
Partners In Place - Building Communities Through Experiential Education April 19-20
Join us for this exciting event! CLick here for details.
Job Posting: Superintendent
The Connect Charter School Board of Directors invites applications for the position of Superintendent, effective June 30, 2018. The Superintendent, as Chief Executive Officer, is accountable to the Board of Directors and is responsible for supporting the Board in its governance role and working with the Board, administration and staff in actualizing the goals of the charter and its mandate as a charter school to lead, share and transform.
Please email a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and a list of at least three recent education references by March 23, 2018 to Mr. Dave Robinson, Chair, Connect Charter School Board of Directors firstname.lastname@example.org
Contributing here is a calling, not a job.
Coffee with Council - April 13 2018
Join us for a coffee and a chat every second Friday of the month, 9 am to 10 am, and we’ll talk about: Volunteering, Field Trips, School-Home Relationship. Student's Performance, Communications,and any other ideas of interest.
Help us buy a bus!
We are currently raising money to support the EXPO initiative. Click here to see how you can help.
Click this link to learn about the Baillie Family Scholarship for pre-service teachers.