Announcements / Notices:
Connect Charter School Amends Admission Policy
RATIONALE: Connect Charter School is committed to principles and procedures that recognize the need for fair and equitable admission of students, while also acknowledging the need for administrative discretion to ensure the needs of individual students are addressed. High demand for available student seats, an increasingly diverse population of learners being drawn to Connect's inclusive education program, and limitations on resources to address student needs may influence placement of students.
POLICY: The Board of Connect Charter School adheres to admissions principles and procedures that result in a fair and equitable system of student admission that is consistent with a diverse and inclusive learning environment and is aligned with current legislation.
Click here for details.
Policies for creating a safe, caring, and welcoming environment at Connect:
- 6.04 Health, Safety and Wellness
- 6.04 Student Health, Safety, and Wellness - Appendix
- 6.08 Student Conduct
Click this link to learn about the Baillie Family Scholarship for pre-service teachers.
Connect Charter School
Preparing our students as extraordinary citizens.
The Connect Charter School, previously named Calgary Science School, is a public Charter school located in Calgary, Alberta Canada that was established in 1999.
The pillars of the Calgary Science School charter highlight the emphasis in the school on:
- Promoting exemplary learning, teaching and leading through a disposition of inquiry. (2) Enhancing learning and teaching through the appropriate and effective use of technology and maintain an intentional, authentic and innovative perspective in the use of technology.
- Engaging students in meaningful, real-life learning activities in a variety of rich learning environments, with a focus on mind, body, emotions, creative spirit and ethical citizenship.
- Providing environmental, outdoor and global education learning opportunities for students to experience and appreciate the world outside of the classroom and to develop social, leadership and stewardship skills.
- Fostering a culture of collaboration and caring relationships of mutual respect with students, staff members and parents sharing a passion for learning; together and from others, in the classroom, within the school and beyond.
- Nurturing thriving classrooms and other learning environments where teachers are informed by research and where students and teachers explore and develop deep understanding as active researchers.